Monday, October 18, 2010

Turn Your Captivity Around!

Levi seemed a little down this morning... he even had a few tears in his eyes. This is unusual from my little man who is able to conquer anything that comes at him with tenacity! I began to question him on his mood. He answered, "I only had one friend come to my birthday party!". My childs birthday was in April... where in the world did this memory and emotional distress come from... I began to tell him what he was feeling was called a pity party, and we would not go there today! OK... I know we all have them, but I was not going to let my 7 year old son start throwing them. We began to pray for friends we knew who needed a miracle from God. We prayed for children that had no homes and didn't even know when their birthday was. The mood changed and my little teary eyed boy began to see how blessed he really was.

I pulled up my dear friends blog today. Their baby boy is very sick and in need of a miracle!

Are you feeling captive by the way of this world that says.... "I only had one friend talk to me this weekend. No one cares about me. I need a new outfit. I need new furniture." I have felt that way... I have been held captive by selfishness. Just as Job's captivity was turned when he prayed for his friends... you and I can be free today by praying for someone... someone in true need!

Please help me pray for my friends... please pray for their precious little one.... you can read their story at www.davidellisfamily.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment