Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August spelled B-U-S-Y

Our August started with a bang... VBS!!!!! We missed the first couple of days due to being at BQ Nationals, but Levi was thrilled we made it for a couple nights! He fit right in with the western theme!
I will treasure this picture forever!

Levi loves Brother Cowboy! He really likes talking horses with him!

My good friend Kimberly Hall spent a couple days with us before she went to Tupelo Children's Mansion to do her "God's Girlz" retreat! I was able to go with her and watch her ministry in action... I was forever changed by these incredible young ladies!

This has been a place I have always wanted to visit! My Grandpa Roam had a passion for Tupelo, and I know he would be glad that it is still thriving today!

My amazing friend Kimberly, myself and two precious ladies who had just ended their working at Tupelo. What a incredible place!

I saw this view several times this month! I am trying to get back in the saddle! My cowboy and I have been relishing some sunrise horse riding time together!

I missed getting my cowboy's face in this pic due to the bright early morning sun, but I loved the pic of the horses! There is nothing better than an early morning horse ride with a good lookin' cowboy!


My precious friend Darla celebrated her birthday in August, and she came and spent the day with us. I love her babies!!! This is Luke.... I think! I get him and his identical twin brother, Lincoln, mixed up!

I am so blessed to have this incredible "God-given" sister friend in my life!

Revival time was in August with Rev. Bill Parkey and family. Bill and I have known eachother since our youth! One of the highlights was having his dad, Rev. W.C. Parkey, come and be with us one Sunday during the revival. We loved hearing him sing and play!


The last weekend in August was incredible... it was filled with family, neighbors and friends from St. Louis who came to celebrate Dad's garage completion! My nephew and niece, Aidan and Reese are enjoying the JVF huge tire swing!

I was so glad my brother, his wife Shanna, Aidan and Reese were able to come celebrate the "Garage Dedication"!

Dad's garage was started on August 25, 2009... his dream is now complete for a place to put all his toys... maybe even including my mom... seeing it is big enough for them to live in!

What a great celebration weekend we had!
I love my Dad and Mom!

This had to be one of the busiest months I have experienced in a long time. I honestly felt at times God was testing me to see if I would trust HIM for strength and wisdom to get thru it! I have not blogged at all this month due to my "not having and not even desiring" to take the time! I thought I would shoot the highlights of our month... what a ride!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! Love this post and all the cute pics!! Honestly can't tell if that was Luke or Lincoln ;) Thanks for making my day so special!!

    Love you!
    Dar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! I'm pooped just reading the post.
    Love you and glad you're back. Call me when you
    catch your breath :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun on the farm and it was so good to be with Dad to dedicate the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite the busy month but I can now look back on it now with a smile!
    Shelly, I have been thinking about you sooo much!!! We must chat soon!
    Dar... all I can say is HELP!!!!! LOL!
    Shanna, I have so many great pics to post from our wonderful weekend! So glad you all were here!
    Love you precious ladies!

    ReplyDelete