Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finding Family!

Loved finding these gorgeous redbud trees in the fields!
Enjoyed finding our fields filled with yellow blossoms!

It's always fun to find something that you lost and have been looking for a long time, but even more fun is when you find something wonderful that you didn't even know you had... if that makes sense. Ok. so my Uncle Deon, really my dad's uncle, emailed me to let me know that I had family nearby on my Grandpa Johnson's side. My dad's 2nd cousin lives only 15 minutes or so from me, and we finally were able to meet today! This was exciting for me due to living in a town where my husband was born, raised.... bred and corn fed! How neat to know I actually had people here as they say in the south! First questions when you meet someone in the south, "Who are your people and where are you from and are you kin to so and so?". Now I can actually say I have relatives by marriage and by blood here! We even found out that my great great grandparents (something like that) were even from this county. Getting pretty exciting the more we dig! I am looking forward to getting to know my dad's cousin and her daughter which would be my 3rd cousin! Thank you God for these special surprises You bring into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment