Levi reading to Mimi!One of the many blessings of homeschooling is watching and helping your child learn. Levi is learning to read, and at times I call it guessing to read. He looks at the words then looks at the pictures and tries to guess what the word is. It can be really comical sometimes. I can tell when he gives up on sounding out the word and instead looks at the picture... It goes something like this, "Pop fox likes big hhhhhhhaaaaaa (looks at the picture and says finally...) hats!" I have been tempted to cover up the picture and take away his cheating, but at times he can come up with some interesting twists so why spoil the fun. Most interesting twist, "Pop fox has a big bbbbbaaaaa (looks at picture and says... butt)... should be bat but hey, just glad he was looking at the picture and not at me... sorry Pop Fox!
No comments:
Post a Comment