Saturday, April 24, 2010

He made us breakfast!







"Momma, hurry come here... I have a surprise for you." I hang up the phone from a somewhat lengthy conversation with a friend and head to see my surpise. A little nervous as I obey his command to close my eyes and be led by this tiny hand of adventure. "Open your eyes now momma!". I open my eyes to find the table spread with tablecloth, a skillet filled with scrambled eggs, a bowl of walnuts, a jar of jelly and crackers with marshmellows on top. My little boy full of life had made breakfast for all... complete with silverware and glasses of water. No, the eggs weren't quite finished. No, I would not care to eat marshmellow and crackers for breakfast, but I did eat with a grateful heart that my precious little enjoyer of life and everything wild took time to think of fixing breakfast for not just him but all of us. He may not be the quitest, calmest, cleanest or smartest little man in town, but he is my gift from God, and he made us breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I love it!!! Our babies are such treasures from the Lord. I've thoroughly enjoyed this post!! (Was I the "lengthy conversation friend"? LOL)
    Love you! Dar

    ReplyDelete