Friday, February 26, 2010

Choices


The sun began to shine brightly thru the window. It is my favorite time of the day... the early morning where all is fresh and new. I began this morning by making choices... choosing to be thankful, choosing to be positive, choosing to be joyful. I spoke these words with boldness so the commitment would be heard by my flesh, "I choose to serve today and not be selfish"! I will never forget the words my mother would quote to me before heading off to school, "Remember honey, Philippians 4:8, think on things that are true, honest, just, lovely, of a good report, of virtue, praise worthy!" Everyday we began with a choice of how to live and what to think... flesh says to wear our emotions on the tip of our tongue, ready to lash out in selfish pride. God's spirit gently whispers, "Choose you this day whom you will serve"! God help me to turn down the voice of flesh and choose to listen to Your still small voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment