Saturday, March 20, 2010

Celebrating Easter!







It has really pricked my heart how we celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas with such eager anticipation but seem to casually celebrate what He was born to do.... He was born to die that I might live. My Saviour and King gave His life on a cross so that I would not have to make an animal sacrifice for my sins, but that I would willingly sacrifice my flesh daily by nailing my thoughts and my ways to a cross and be raised in HIS likeness! I want to celebrate this Easter with a vigor and desire to show my King my open heart of gratitude for what HE did for me! Just as HE rose from the grave, I must raise out of the pit of self and come alive in HIS heartbeat! One of my favorite websites is http://www.aholyexperience.com/. I have found several ways to celebrate this Easter season and one of my favorite is the Easter tree. As we hung the beautiful pictures depicting the life of Christ on the branches of Dogwood we gathered, Levi made a relevant observation. "Mom, the pointy ends of the branches remind me of the thorns they placed on Jesus' head". I want my children to never forget the greatest sacrifice that was made for our sin ridden lives to be not conformed to this world but be transformed into HIS Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment