Oh the beauty that I can see hidden here!
Holding tightly to my new treasure.This place totally intrigues me. It just captures my thoughts, and I wish somehow I could move it to our property and restore it. It is an old farmhouse that is up the road. It is not ours nor did it ever belong to anyone in Tim's family, but it did belong to a man and his wife that farmed and passed away many years ago. It is very small and when you go inside, you can just feel the memories. Yes, we went inside... my husband thinks we're crazy, but it just amazes me how a life that was probably once so full and yes, maybe very simple, could end up in tattered remains. Why didn't the family keep it up and use it for something? Did they just not care that the home was decaying? As you walk thru the small four room home, you step over old yearbooks, clothes, magazines, and even an old turn handle ice cream maker. I am sure they enjoyed some good homemade ice cream with friends and loved flipping thru the yearbooks and magazines, but how did it all end in just tossled trash. In this place of despair is where I found the beautiful amber pitcher. It needed saving and brought back to life. I rescued this little treasure and enjoy it's beauty.
Our home that I love so dearly may be open for the wild at heart one day to rummage thru and try to figure out what we were all about. I just pray they can find the peace and love that I try so hard to bury into our daily lives.
I love old farm houses. What a find with that gorgeous pitcher. I bet they made sun tea or lemonade in it, I'm so glad you rescued it. So tragic to let that house sit in ruins.
ReplyDelete