On our way to pick some berries!
They were at their perfect ripeness!
Cutest 7 year old berry picker!
Thankful we all pitched in to gather much juicy berries!
The farmer and wife that are the greatest neighbors!Our neighbors invited us to come and pick tame blackberries from their garden. Feeling my "Paula Deen" spirit kick in... I said, "Why sure, I can make me some blackberry jelly!". We arose at 5:30am to begin picking by 6am. It was a cool and brisk morning... for a short while! Their garden is immaculate... my ultimate dream garden! Just visiting their patchwork of fruit and vegetable plants makes one feel totally domesticated!
We picked, ate and feasted on conversation with this couple who know much about farming a small plot to hundreds of acres!
I came home and began my first adventure of making blackberry jelly... I have found a new love! A saved many steps just by juicing the berries in my... I mean my dad's (thank you dad for this gift that you bought and used once and gave it to me!) juicer! Maybe the blackberry cobbler I made you this weekend showed some gratitude!
Hopefully we will be savoring my jars of sweetness this winter...
if I don't give them all away!
No comments:
Post a Comment