
Where did my baby go that once was so tiny and small who I cuddled so close and rocked to sleep whispering prayers?
Where did my baby go that followed me around and gently cried, "hold you momma, hold you!".
Where did my baby go that loved for me to read "Guess How Much I Love You" and sing "Peace, Peace wonderful peace coming down from the Father above, sweep over my spirit forever I pray in "FABULOUS PILLOWS" of love (how would a two year old know what unfathomless billows were, but he knew and loved his fabulous pillow!).
Where did my baby go that loved for me to pull his little t-shirt over his head and leave it on just enough to where the little sleeves would look like ears and I would sing, "Little Christmas lamb" and he would grin and giggle.
My baby has gone into the young adult years... 15 years old to be exact, and although I miss those precious moments of his baby years... his joy and zest for life, and his genuine fun loving spirit make me thankful for the here and now. My baby has not left, he still likes to be cuddled and have his back scratched more than anything! He is my antique & Goodwill shopping, cultural loving, hazelnut latte drinker... buddy and friend!
I am thankful that on July 15, 1995 God blessed me with sunshine so bright in my Guy!
This makes me so sad because I know it won't be long until I'm asking the same question! But along with everything else, God has given us the gift of children for a season. And what a wonderful season it is!
ReplyDeleteBrittney Wright
Tears. Tears of joy. Guy has grown up to be such a good man and it is because you and Tim have been such good parents. I remember meeting Guy when he was the same age as Aidan is now. He was such a sweet and funny little boy and now he is on his way to being a man. Not much has changed-the first time I met him, he farted (he called it "tooted" at the time) on my lap, and now today...well you know. Boys will be boys. We love him!
ReplyDelete