Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Busy with Harvest!

Levi working hard in the potatoes! I had to do Guy's part of the digging since he is disabled. It is the dirtiest I have ever been in my life... picture too scary to post!!!
What a job of digging, cutting and canning!
I know these will be appreciated this winter!
We also had corn come in! Thankful for our "Gotta Have It" corn!
Corn so good you can eat it raw! I love to add it to cornbread!
Guy enjoyed the company of his good friends,
Spencer from North Carolina and Matthew from
Johnson City, TN, who came for a visit!

Today was peaches and okra day! We bought several bushels of peaches and several pounds of okra from the Amish to can and freeze... delicious stuff!

Going to taste great in a cobbler this fall!

Thankful for a visit from Mimi and Pappy this weekend also! We can't keep Pappy out of his garage!
Guy and Matthew have been friends since they were both about 4 years old! Carrie, Matthew's sister, is growing up so fast! We love this family! Poor Guy is trying his best to be comfortable in his sling.


What a bounty we have been receiving... fruit, veggies and friends! My bones and body may be weary, but my heart is full of thankfulness for all God has blessed us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment