Tiny little boots that walk straight into my heart!
What could be better,a hard working little man lighting candles for our date!
I'm sitting at the computer, and I hear his little footsteps coming up the stairs. "Mom, close your eyes... I have a surprise!" His favorite words preceeding something delightful and usually very interesting. Yesterday they preceeded handing me a bouquet of fresh picked flowers... roots and all (really weeds with pretty little white blossoms on top). They meant more to me that a dozen store bought roses, and now sit proudly by my kitchen sink in a vase. Today the words brought the surprise of a bottle of sparkling white grape juice with two rose colored goblets... all carried by his little dirt covered hands. "Mom, let's do cheers!" I smiled huge... it's 9:00am and really the last thing he and I need is to be drinking is a bottle of sparkling white grape juice... we need fruit, oatmeal... but today it's breakfast in a bottle. He found the bottle in our outside refrigerator wrapped in a Wal-mart bag. It had been bought Valentine's Day, but we just never got around to opening it and doing "Cheers"! Cheers is a tradition my mom and my grammy started when Guy was little... we would break open the sparkling grape juice and take turns telling what we were thankful for or sharing special thoughts about one another!
Levi's cheer made my heart dance, "Mom, I love you all the way to China." Glasses clinked... we toasted and it was absolutely the best breakfast I have ever had. The perfect ending was his words after a little belch from the grape juice, "Excuse me mom... I burted."
That kid is one of a kind. He just cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteLove those moments!
ReplyDeleteThat sparkling cider nourished far more than oatmeal. What a treasure Levi is. (And he said excuse me!)
ReplyDeleteLove to you all!!
Shelly