Friday, May 28, 2010

Hidden Beauty!

I have loved watching the hidden beauty of my hollyhocks unfold!
And finally my lilies have opened their burst of beauty!

Some days are diamonds and some days are stones... Some days we shine bright and some days we feel very gray and dull. Sickness has taken my luster this week, and I wake up everyday thinking today will be better, but the scratchy voice, runny and stopped up nose (how does that happen... one minute wipping, the next wishing I could blow) it still lingers but...


Psalms 27:4 & 5 One thing have I desired of the Lord that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavillion, in the secret of His tabernacle shall he hide me, He shall set me upon a rock.


In the early hours of the morning, He has gently called me out of my sick bed to see His beauty, hear His voice, feel His gentle breezes. Swinging in my cushioned wicker, I breathe in His presence... I began to be filled with beauty... not outward but inward. The outward man still feels perished, but the inward renewed by His beauty. Sometimes it takes our feebleness to realize how truly beautiful and strengthening He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment