She sat by me yesterday at a funeral of our friend. She passed me a kleenex, she always has a wad of them in her purse... I never can remember to put them in mine. We wiped tears together as we heard songs that deeply moved the soul. Songs like "Special"... describing heaven... jasper walls, gates of pearl stand shining round the throne... we call it special, the special call it home. We patted eachother's hand as we remembered that song being sung at Grandpa's funeral, my mom's dad. I knew without saying a word that we both were thinking of her parents... special people who now call that special place home. Oh how we miss them. Grandma, mom and I shared a God given bond... once a trio but now a duet. Sitting side by side, I could feel my mom singing the songs. What once seemed like a mountain was just a hill, from heaven's point of view... I heard the words and as we again wiped tears, I thought.. I am sitting next to the most precious woman I know who has been with me thru every valley and mountain top in my life... right beside me helping me climb or watching me soar! My Mom... she taught me to sing... right beside her at the piano... she would play, we would sing. Thru it all (I would add a little rhthym ba ba ba ba ba bum) Thru it all... I learned to trust in Jesus... I learned to trust in God... Thru it all... thru it all... I learned to depend upon His Word!
It was the funeral of one of the greatest gospel singers of our time, but it was my mom's song I was feeling, we were singing it together... no piano to accompany this time, just two hearts in harmony... my favorite song.

Mom, please pass me a tissue too, as I'm crying. Love you both very much!
ReplyDeleteLove you my sweet sister Shanna... what a wonderful mother you are also!
ReplyDelete