Monday, June 7, 2010

Blessed Time!

Chillin' in the garage! Don't worry Shanna... those armoires aren't staying in there!!! Just hanging out in the garage until my hobby room and Tim's office is complete!!! LOL!!!
Levi loves the workbench!

He wanted to take his tools to Pappy's garage so they could work together!


How I enjoyed my mom and dad spending the past week with us! The time flew by, and we did not get to do all we wanted, but we had some great memories to put in our hearts treasure box. Here are a my top 10...
1. Hearing mom play the organ on a song Sunday at church. She is amazing!

2. Hearing dad read from Grandpa Gourley's Bible after a few of our meals, and then hearing mom say, "Nathanael please!" when he began reading Song of Solomon! He did read a beautiful passage out of Ephesians one evening though. Thank you dad for reading when I asked you to... it meant a lot to me... even if it did include a passage about a little sister with a lack of endowment!

3. Listening to dad bless our meal and his sweet heartfelt little lines he would say like, "Bless this home" and "Thank you Lord for your safety".

4. Watching mom and dad stroll through our Tuesday flea market, and mom get excited about getting some good tomatoes!
5. Mom and dad working together on his, "not a barn, not a shop, but just call it Nat's garage!" dad said.

6. Mom using her God given anointed talent by playing our piano and singing some of the old songs that I grew up hearing her sing with Guy trying to accompany her on the harmonica!

7. Mom and I sitting outside listening to dad trying to start his motorhome that miraculously made it from St. Louis to Tennessee. It has now died in my driveway and refuses to be started. We begin hearing... Holiday rooooo ooooo ooooo oooooo ad and just had to chuckle. I do see the potential in this old Holiday Rambler, but for now it gives us a gentle giggle!

8. Levi telling Pappy, "Now get me up early so I can help you go work in your garage!", and they did work together almost daily. Levi I think took over part of it with his tools and toolbox that Pappy gave him.
9. Spending Friday with mom and Guy going to an estate sale and then to some shopping and a used book sale... catching up with Dad, Tim and Levi to celebrate Tim's birthday (to come on Wednesday) over fried catfish... dad's favorite craving!

10. And one last memory, although there could be many more... MOM'S DELICIOUS FRIED CHICKEN... it may have been years since you made it mom but your expertise aged nicely!!!

We loved them being with us and am looking forward to their retirement to the country someday!

2 comments:

  1. Loved every memory you shared, although I must admit to laughing the hardest at the reading from Song of Solomon. Love it!!
    I had a family reunion at Cub Lake and as we were passing your exit the girls all wanted to skip the reunion and come to Aunt Nat's and Uncle Timmy's! sssh! Don't tell my family!
    Check up for me today--35 weeks and counting. Baby Sadie is doing great, we got 3D ultrasound pic's with one of her smiling!!! It is unbelievable.
    Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! May the Holiday Rambler rest in peace. I can't wait to see the new "buildings!"

    ReplyDelete