Sunday, June 27, 2010

Greeting from Pocohantas!

George in his younger years welcomed us to his home!
A beautiful Mt. Vernon.

This is not a pentecostal trio from the 1700's...
but they did play some great dinner music for us!

Our room view!

My morning walking partner!

We have made it to DC or rather Maryland... it is amazing!!!! This is a new area, The Harbour, and it did take us quite the experience to get to the hotel due to our GPS not being familiar with this new area... it is just accustomed to country roads!
The views from the hotel are gorgeous. We enjoyed a boat ride to Mt. Vernon last evening along with Dinner and a toast with Mrs. Washington!
I did have a partner to get up with me early this AM and enjoy a morning walk all along the harbour area. When we arrived back at the hotel, we noticed a large buffet being served in the banquet area. Being the nosey rosey I am, I asked who the feast was being served to. The kind gentlemen staring back at two sweaty, nosey people replied, "This is for the Indians." I looked at Guy and said, "Let's go Sesquatchewan!" He said, "Sure Pocohantas!". Don't worry mom... we did not go in!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! They would have never missed a little corn pudding ;o)
    Have a fabulous time! Maybe baby Sadie will be here when you return. If not the induction is scheduled for July 6...yay!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Girl, would love to have been packed away in your suitcases with you all!!! Have a great time and know you are missed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly! We are so excited to meet little Sadie when she comes... especially since I have seen her first great photograph!
    My Sister Dar... I would have gladly packed you away with us... you would have loved Old Town Alexandria today with the shops and cafes... the men just did not get into it!LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete