
It's the early morning and what could be better than a nice stroll through the garden... seeing all the new growth, seeing your hard work come to life. But something else wants to be seen today... WEEDS! I was just here a couple of days ago and hoed this entire thing... how could they grow so fast?
As I began to pull each one by hand... it was way to wet to hoe... I began to realize how fast MY WEEDS can grow! I can feel so refreshed and renewed one day with vision and enlightenment then the next day frustration, disappointment and even old fashioned, fired up anger makes it's way in me... how did that get there... I just had a little talk with Jesus yesterday and made everything right.
The garden of our lives are a daily work... weeds of flesh must be pulled, and we must water ourselves with His precious presence each and every day. The longer I let days go by without this mixture... the garden of my life gets overtaken and the good fruit gets chocked out.
I get so busy with daily activities that I neglect to even check my garden... I try to live off the work I did yesterday or even a couple of days ago, but my prayer today...
"Lord, take over my soil, plant your seeds of love, righteousness, goodness... all the fruits you have... lay them down deep with this earthen vessel and water me with Your presence. Take out any seeds that I have tried to sew on my own and replace them with Yours... IN JESUS NAME!"
He watered me today, but I joined in and added my tears that flowed when I realized how humbled and overwhelmed I feel knowing that I am in the care of the Master Gardener!
So true! Often consumed with "weeding" the garden of my children's hearts and overlook what has been taking over mine. Thank you for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteLove you!