Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Simple Muffins


My husband celebrates his 42 birthday tomorrow. In his sweet Momma's cookbook there is a recipe simply called, "Muffins", but next to it she had wrote, "Timothy got from school in 1974". She would make these wonderful muffins for the boys, and have them with some strawberries she had put up in the freezer. Going thru my freezer today I found a couple boxes of Grandmama's strawberries... she would love to know we are still eating her tenderly prepared fruits and vegetables... she passed away in 2007. Seeing the strawberries I had brought in triggered Guy's memory, and he begged me to make some of Grandmama's muffins. I thought I would share this simple yet oh so delicious muffin recipe.

1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of oil (I used coconut oil or you could use melted butter), 2 cups of self rising flour (I used a mixture of spelt and whole wheat but the truly yummy is White Lily unbleached self rising), 2 tablespoons of sugar.

Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease bottoms of muffin cups. Mix egg, milk and oil. Stir in flour and sugar mixing just enough to blend. Batter will be lumpy. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes. Serve hot with strawberries!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a treasure.
    Isn't that what it's all about..the simple
    things in life are truly the most beautiful.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to try this one!!! It makes my mouth water just reading it. The kids will love helping out.

    ReplyDelete