Monday, June 21, 2010

"Nat"alie


I was named after my Daddy... He is Nat, and I am Natalie... my middle name after my Mom, Diane... she is Diana. Growing up you would always hear children say, "I don't like my name!", but I have always liked mine. It was somewhat unique and uncommon and it had my dad in it!

I can remember being so jealous if my Daddy showed attention to any other little girls... I wanted to be his favorite! I loved combing his hair, prancing around in front of him in my pretty little "can can" dresses, and I loved him taking me shopping! Do we ever grow out of these desires? Daddy still loves to shop and even just a few days ago, it was nice to hear him say, "that looks so nice on you baby girl!"

Daddy taught me how to have conversation with anyone! He can always find a way to connect life and people.... "Yeah, I traveled in that area back in '92 and knew a guy named Bob... he worked at..." The other man would reply, "Oh, yeah... I knew Bob too... nice guy." Yes, Daddy loves to connect, and I find myself doing this exact same thing at times!

I see him in me and I see myself in him. We are a part of eachother... not just in name, but in spirit. I love my Daddy so much and through all of lifes twist and turns, mountains and valleys, droughts and downpours... he is there for me, and I will always be there for him... we are "Nat"alie!

'

No comments:

Post a Comment